Own a piece of Max, The Cyclist! Wait, that sounds weird.
One of the things I love about running this blog is the opportunity to work with great companies like Soma. Six months of bike testing turned into a year and a half of riding, because I love this frame so much. Stan Pun at Merry Sales was great to work with, and I will always support this company (and I got at least two friends on Soma bikes this year!).
That said, I’m trying to ride as many great bikes as I can. It helps me become a better writer, a better tester, and it grows my knowledge of the cycling world. So, it’s time to move this Double Cross down the road for something new.
I’m selling this bike here first, to you guys. If you’re a regular reader and you’re looking for a bike, I want to hook you up. It’ll be for sale here for at least a couple of weeks before I strip the stickers and sell it on eBay.
I’m selling the bike as-is, with both the flat bars and drop bars for your preferred setup. Check out my previous review of the Double Cross for pretty accurate pictures. I can take new ones on request.
I’ll even throw in a rear rack and two sets of extra tires. Here’s a full parts list with all the extras:
- Frame: Soma Double Cross Disc, 58cm. Good shape, just a couple of nicks to the paint and one small dent in the top tube. I had the dent assessed by two shops and Soma Fabrications looked at it, too, and everyone agreed it was purely aesthetic. The frame is solid! I am happy to remove the stickers and any adhesive upon request.
- Fork: Salsa Vaya Touring Fork
- Crankset: SRAM Apex
- Chainrings: FSA CX Compact 46/34
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT Rapid-Rise, Long-Cage (1999?)
- Front Derailleur: SRAM Red Titanium
- Cassette: Shimano XT 11-36T
- Chain: Shimano XT 10-speed
- Pedals: Shimano Hybrid Flat/Clipless
- Hubs: Shimano XT (135mm rear)
- Rims: H + Son Archetype, 32H
- Tires: (On Bike) Surly Knard 700×41, 27TPI. Also Included: Gatorskin Hardshell and Gatorskin Regular 28mm (one of each) (about 1,000 miles, lots of life left), and Schwalbe Marathon Mondial 700x35mm x2 (about 500 miles, maybe 9,000 miles left!)
- Stem: Salsa Guide Stem 70mm
- Seatpost: Thomson Elite
- Seat: WTB Pure-V
- Handlebars: Salsa Cowbell 2, 42cm AND Bontrager 650mm Flat Bars
- Shifter: Shimano 105 Downtube (front/rear), Will also include Dura-Ace 9-speed bar-end shifters.
- Brakes: Avid BB7 Road Disc, Yokozuna Compressionless Housing
- Levers: Cane Creek drop bar levers AND Shimano flat-bar road levers
- Rack: Axiom Streamliner rear.
- Extra Bags: Jandd handlebar burrito, Jandd seat bag w/ Jolly Roger patch
You get the bike and all these extras:
- Bar-end Dura-Ace shifters
- Rear Rack
- Four extra tires (two Gatorskins, two Marathons)
- Flat handlebar w/ Brake Levers
- Anything else I find laying around!
My price will be $1,000 total, and that includes free shipping anywhere in the contiguous US. Happy to ship internationally at your expense (I’ll cover $50). Please email me if you’d like to haggle.
You can shoot me an email using the contact button at the top of my site if you’re interested in this bike. Thanks for reading, and thanks for keeping up with my bike adventures!